Tuesday, 23 June 2026

Just Blah

Tuesday 23 June: I had bad pain last night around 4am so too one of the strong painkillers that I'm meant to take this for breakthrough pain but it's crazy because it only lasts for around two hours but I can only take three in a day.  I'm off to the GP tomorrow to get a slow release pill like I got last time. The hospital would not prescribe or supply this and I have no idea why.  I mean, this is a bloody painful recovery. I'm now nearly a week post op and I know to expect to be unwell but not having enough pain relief is not helping. 

I am walking without crutches around home because it's just easier.  I have loads of things to hold on to if needed. Basically I just want to be better and stop complaining! Two more weeks and I'm sure I'll be much better.

Interestingly, I can't drink any alcohol at the moment (both due to medication and no desire) which is great.  I'm not missing having a drink at all and the bonus is no hidden calories (in wine) and giving my body a long break will certainly not do me any harm.  

So lots of ups and downs at the moment but obviously, that's to be expected.

~ Lynda

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get the proper medication you need. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!!! I'm over being a misery guts.

      Delete
  2. Thats ridiculous you weren't given adequate pain relief to take at home. Hopefully your Dr will understand the need for it. That must be awful having breakthrough pain. All the best going forward. KarenAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I questioned it but no, what I was given is all they can give. Obviously people vary in their level of pain but I'm not coping at all right now. The discharge nurse was very matter of fact (almost rude) when I asked about it. Never mind, it will get sorted today hopefully.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda, I am so sorry you are having so much pain and the bruising sounds awful. Would you consider a wheelie walker to help you get around, it is a bit risky just hanging onto things while you walk. Take care Maggie Melb Au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a crutch but around the house I'm pretty stable. My problem is not balance, just pain basically.

      Delete