Stu is now a week on from his accident and we've not heard anything yet from a specialist or hospital. It is a waiting game now apparently. He did go and see our GP who basically told him the same thing, we just need to wait.
The trouble is we don't know if he should be doing any physio or if it will heal on its own. The doctor said that he does need to continue wearing the sling but we have no idea about anything else.
We can't go away for various reasons. Firstly, I'm not experienced at driving the motorhome and while I would be fine out of the city, I'm not confident enough to drive from our place onto the motorway.
There are other considerations like comfort etc for Stu. Maybe in a couple of weeks? The other reason we can't get away is that we are waiting for an appointment... could be today, might be in weeks. I don't do 'waiting' well.
It is the school holidays though so we'll catch up with the boys and maybe have them to stay before they head down to Wellington with their Mum. She needs to get back down there to see her Dad who is still unwell.
We would dearly love to get away at the moment because next door to us there are six two story houses being built so we are living next to a building site with all the noise that brings. We've had weeks of volcanic rock breaking from 7.30 am until 5.30 pm. Now its trucks and gravel and banging and clanging all day. Builder's radio blaring. On and on. That is one of the reasons we were going away but now we are stuck. Oh the joy.
So that's where we are at, in limbo.
~ Lynda