Tuesday, 30 June 2026

Surgeon appointment

Today I had my two week follow up (it's two weeks tomorrow actually) and when I walked into the reception area the ladies were astonished.  'Where's your crutches'? They said.  I told them that I'd only used one crutch on the first couple of days and didn't need them.  I did a little twirl to show off and to be honest they were actually astonished at my progress.

Then the doctor came out, called my name and I sprung up to walk to his office and again he looked shocked.  He said he couldn't get over my fast progress so clearly I'm doing something right (or I'm just lucky).  My knee is looking great and there is no swelling.  He tested my movement and said it's way better than he'd even expect at 3 months! He mentioned physical therapy but then agreed with me that I don't need to go as long as I'm doing the exercises at home.

We discussed pain medication and he told me it is absolutely OK for me to continue on for a little longer with what I'm doing (thank goodness, a new knee is very painful). 

After seeing the surgeon we went grocery shopping and I managed to walk all around the supermarket more than once (I forgot a few things and had to double back). That's the most walking I've done since surgery but from now on I'll try to do more.  I can also now ride my exercycle properly so will doing that a couple of times a day.

That's my health update—I'm pretty pleased with where I am and also happy to have all of that behind me now.  Onwards and upwards!

~ Lynda

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing amazing, must make you feel so glad, each day will be a fraction better from now and you will be back in the motorhome soon :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each day sees an improvement... can't wait to get back into the motorhome!

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful - well done !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling very pleased and relieved. Just glad it's all over.

      Delete
  3. Bloody fantastic!! I’m a big believer in moving on as best you can and you’ve been amazing, I love this!! Good on you. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am aiming to move on as fast as I can! I can't wait to get walking properly again and getting active in general.

      Delete
  4. Wow!! good on you, but don't overdo it...it still needs to meld with the bone...
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't overdo it, the pain will see to that! I have been encouraged to use it but serious walking will wait a while.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news Lynda. A very big day for you. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my first proper outing today! Rest now :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful news! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress!! But remember to listen to your body and take rests. Well done. You'll be out there walking those trails in the summer before you know it. . KarenAK

    ReplyDelete