I can write stuff here that I can't on our travel blog because none of my family or friends read this. I like that it is a place that I can write more personal stuff.
I got really stressed the day we sailed over to the South Island and when we settled in for the first night I was having a mild anxiety attack! There are so many places we want to go and so much to think about that my mind was exploding. Thankfully now, a couple of days in, I am relaxed and back to normal.
I'm also annoyed that I can't do as much physical activity as Stu because my right knee, the one not operated on, is not up to doing lots of hills or stairs. I'm also annoyed at myself because I lack confidence on my ebike. Sure I can ride it and have no trouble on easy bike trails but I'm terrified of street riding to get to those trails. Hopefully there will be lots of opportunities for me to ride and feel safe doing so, the last thing I want is a nasty accident at my age.
On a positive note though, I am still loving motorhome travel. It is extremely comfortable and we have everything we need... comfortable bed, our own toilet and shower, great kitchen, large fridge, wifi etc etc. We don't feel confined at all and we are just loving waking up to new places and sights.
~ Lynda
 |
| Kerr Bay, St Arnaud |
 |
| Beautiful bush walk behind our camp |
 |
| St Arnaud, simply stunning! |
 |
| Doing what we do best... drinking wine :) |
 |
| Sunset at the Blenheim camp |
 |
| The view from our motorhome at Blenheim - Waterlea Racecourse |
Ah stressing; what a lovely habit. LOL! Do take care, deep breaths. Love seeing all your adventures.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling better now. I hate that feeling especially as I have nothing to stress about!
DeleteFocus on what you can do, not what you can't. And you can drink some wonderful wines!! But seriously, gentle walks are better than none. Keep practicing on the bike.
ReplyDeleteExactly. I'm doing a fair but of walking every day so that's good at least. Wine... there is always wine ;)
Delete