Friday, 10 March 2023

Happy day, I did it!

Hello my lovely blog readers :) We are having the best time on our extended motorhome holiday.  We don't have a care in the world and don't have a clue where we are off to next and it doesn't matter!

Today though was a reason to celebrate for me.  Back in 2020 we came to Aorangi/Mount Cook and I wanted to walk the Hooker Valley Track.  Unfortunately my knee was really bad and I only got a short way before I had to limp back to the camp.  I was determined to do that track one day and today we did it!

We came to the camp yesterday (The White Horse Hill camp) but the weather was bad for walking.  Today we woke to a great day so off we went.  I seriously thought I would not be able to walk the entire way (10 kms of hiking) but thankfully I had no problem.  It was the most beautiful walk and there were so many tourists on the track! It's wonderful to see so many overseas tourists back though after covid.

On other matters I had a lovely video chat to my daughter yesterday and she seemed so happy (YAY!!!) She was making dinner and Charlie was her sous chef busy chopping vegetables etc.  He loves cooking which is so cute.  She told me that Cole is finally on medication and is doing so much better.  He even got 100% in two maths tests.  He is loving intermediate school and has made a new best friend who has some condition (not sure what) that means he is in an electric wheelchair.  I'm just so proud of Cole to be best friends with a him and see past his disability.  

We fly back to Auckland in a week so will be having the boys for the weekend and catching up with the oldest one too... I think Stu is taking him for a couple more driving lessons.

Photo time for those who don't look at our travel blog :)

~ Lynda

Lake Tekapo

Lake Tekapo

Bike ride around Lake Pukaki


Lake Pukaki, early evening

Hooker Valley Track


Hooker Valley Track

Lunch time at Hooker Lake, Aoraki/Mount Cook in the background.


Hooker Lake... stunning!


5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful part of the country. Does the Hooker track have steep bits or is it all on the level.? I dont do hills!!!
    If you fly back to Auckland what do you do with the camper?
    Cheers KarenAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some steep bits but mostly flatish. Stairs down at the beginning and back at the end. It's 10km in total for the actual walk. We leave the motorhome is an NZMCA Park in Christchurch where they have a storage area specifically for this.

      Delete