Tuesday, 30 August 2022

Off again...

Today we are off again for a week.  We will be leaving after Stu gets his follow up skin check so hopefully that will go well. He also had his full cardiologist checkup today and is also getting a calcium score test which shows the level of plaque etc in the heart.  His last one ten years ago was good so hopefully that will still be the case.  He doesn't have any known problems other than high cholesterol so it's all preventative.

I had my glucose monitor installed today as part of the Auckland University pancreatitis trial. I have to have it on/in my arm for a week and carry a receiving monitor at all times.  It will check my blood sugar every five minutes the entire time.  I also have to diary everything I eat and drink which is a real pain but it's only for a week.

My daughter went to a 'bogan' themed 40th birthday party at the weekend and as usual, she didn't hold back with her costume.  She had a red wig, fake tattoos and bogan clothes... her husband looked that part too with his mullet wig!

So for our next trip away we are going back to the Coromandel, mainly because we need to visit Stu's Dad so it makes sense to go that way.  We will make our way up on side of the Coromandel Peninsular and end up over at his Dad's place in a few days.  We are taking the bikes so hopefully I'll get a good ride or two in!

~ Lynda


My daughter and her husband at the bogan party... they sure look the part!

The monitor on/in my arm.  It is inserted slightly below the skin and is completely waterproof. 


6 comments:

  1. Happy travels. Great costumes. Good luck with the medical tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your daughter and son in law look great, so funny they look like up market bogans....good you are on the trial..I wish I could have something like that....I am not feeling well at present I have a cold/flu thing, not covid I went for the covid PCR test. Enjoy your time away.......Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a curious gadget. It will be interesting to see how it reflects your HbA1C down the track.
    Your daughter and son-in-law look very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they told me that you can have a normal HbA1c but still have really low lows and high highs and this device will pick that up. Fingers crossed I'm not headed to diabetes but it's good to be on this study.

      Delete
  4. The costumes are sensational. If there was a prize they would win for sure. Enjoy your next trip. Christine Australia XXX

    ReplyDelete