Tomorrow we will leave Auckland for the first time in over 4 months! We are taking all three boys with us which will be wonderful... yes, the oldest decided he's like to come along :) We are staying at a motel in Whitianga which is directly across the road from the beach so hopefully there will some sunbathing and swimming as well as family get togethers and the Christmas party. The weather forecast is looking AMAZING.
Tomorrow we are all meeting up at a local pub/restaurant at 1.30 pm to make plans for Saturday's party (who brings what food etc). It will be first time the family has been together for ages so I know Stu's Dad is pretty excited!!!
The motel we are staying at has two bedrooms and also a bed in the lounge so great sleeping arrangements for all five of us. I'm taking basic breakfast food but we'll eat out the rest of the time I think. There is a great fish and chip shop just around the corner so perhaps that might be dinner.
We have the two youngest boys today but they won't be staying the night, it's much easier for me to get organised in the morning if they are just dropped off by the mother.
All of our covid tests came back negative thank goodness - I'm so glad I had a test too because I didn't feel too great earlier in the week and it's good to know we are all 'safe' to go away. We don't have the new variant (Omicron) in New Zealand yet but there is no doubt it will get here before too long. I'm due for my booster shot in early January.
I've been a right moody cow the last few days and gave myself a headache from being so crazy. I've been snapping at Stu (sometimes with really good reason) and just generally really feeling off. Time of year? Covid? Who knows but hopefully I'll be happy and normal for our time away. I'm feeling a bit better today already.
I hope you are all doing well, it's a stressful time of year for many people.
~ Lynda :)
It's certainly a snappy time of year. I think we are all suffering from the uncertainties of the past 2 years. Enjoy your time away.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your getaway. Have a wonderful time with the boys.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time. Sounds ideal with the beach so close. You can relax and chill out. Crossed fingers
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend away.
ReplyDeleteKaren AK
Have a lovely time away, so happy F decided to go with you too - a good sign :-).
ReplyDeleteI just traveled (over night) for the first time in a couple years, very strange feeling.
ReplyDelete