I'm not sure if it's age, weight or something else but I'm lacking 'going out' confidence. It's been so long since we've engaged in social circles or had to get dressed up. There is a new acronym going around which is "HOGO"... meaning "hassle of going out". I sure am suffering from that!
Today we have lunch out in the city and then a four hour harbour cruise. Sounds great right? Not so quick... the weather report is rubbish so being stuck in a boat (mind you it's a luxury boat) on the harbour doesn't thrill me. What to wear? Will people notice how much I've aged? etc etc. Insecurities abound.
This week Stu got a bunch of old tapes transferred to a digital format and the one a really wanted to be OK was my old wedding in 1990 (don't ask, didn't work out, left him two years later). Thankfully it was all preserved and I edited it down to 15 minutes, cut out the dork I married and called it just a family gathering. I sent the link to all of my family and everyone LOVED it and it was a great way to connect with family as I ended up having an online chat to nearly all of them, even my estranged brother in Australia. In the video I was only 34 and looked so young. My son commented on how young I looked and my grandsons refused to even recognise me.
We had the boys again this week and will have then this coming week while my daughter works but not overnight... we are saving that for the weekend when we are taking them away.
Life here feels back to normal almost. We can go anywhere we want and do anything (within the boundary) and on 15th that opens up and we will have our complete freedom once more. This depends on using our vaccine pass but nearly 90% of eligible people are now fully vaccinated so that's freedom for many. Those who are unvaccinated can still travel but must get a test prior.
There are many people protesting about lost freedom and mandates etc and while I recognise their side, there is no doubt that the vaccination here is keeping us all safe for now. Our cases are dropping and hospitalisations are very low.
OK, I'd better get a move on and make myself presentable for this day's outing!
Lynda
| A screenshot of my Dad and me at my 1990 wedding. The video is precious because it was soon after this that he suffered his stroke and was paralysed. He suffered a few more and finally died in 1995. |
Beautiful photo Lynda. And stop it......you are a very attractive woman, you always look beautifully groomed. Can’t say the sane about myself, I have got in to the bad habit of exercise wear over the last two years,(even though I am a big exerciser) but then I put exercise gear back on after my shower. Enjoy your day, you can’t do anything about the weather
ReplyDeleteI hope the boat trip was lovely. I have a love hate relationship with photos for this very reason.
ReplyDeleteYou are very smart not to have ditched all the pix, just the groom’s. I don’t think it would have occurred to me to put them all together and share, but how fun!
ReplyDeleteMy mother pitched everything except for one picture with her bridesmaids from her first wedding. She did not ask me before she did it. I don’t want any pictures of them as a couple, but the extended family would have been nice to sort thru first.
I feel a bit that way too. Not sure if its age or the fact Ive been home so much. Even my friend who still works outside of home is feeling a bit 'agrophobic'. Not agrophobia as such but a feeling of nervousness being out in the world. So I have been forcing myself to put on some makeup go out. Strange world.
ReplyDelete