Monday, 2 March 2026

The things we do :)

For those people who didn't read my last post, go and have a look if you want to be able to read along with our motorhome adventures.  There are a couple of you who have been invited but not accepted (invite should be in your inbox or spam).  

We had a full on weekend with our boys which was lovely.  Charlie came to stay and we saw Cole a few times in-between him going out and about with his friends.  He's 14 now and getting so grown up. 

F works in a student bar on Friday and Saturday nights but this week being student orientation week he has to work nearly every night.  He is really enjoying it but will sure be tired by the end of the week. Each night this week is a theme night so he also has to dress up while at the bar.  Tonight is Toga then jungle, cowboy, beach party and white out.  Of course it's me he asked to help him out so I sorted a toga for him because I'm sure, left to him, he'd never be able to fashion a toga out of a white sheet.  I looked up various methods on YouTube and chose the one that would look the best but easy for him to put on himself.  

After that he decided that for jungle night he wanted to be a black panther—he got some black cat ears but needed a black tail... who's ever made a large black tail?  haha... well I have now.  It actually turned out well and I even put wire in it so that it can curl up like a cat.  I love being able to help out like that and I know F was grateful.

You've probably all seen the state of the world and it is really making us second guess our big overseas holiday later in the year.  We are booked to fly via Dubai.  Yes, I'm sure everything will be settled by then but we have time to cancel our plans with hardly any loss of money so will need to decide at some point.

~ Lynda

 

5 comments:

  1. Let us hope this terrible situation settles down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re very clever and kind Lynda. Not only could I not do what you’ve done for F, I also don’t have the imagination. I love his work ethic, and I’m sure that also has a certain amount of genetics and parenting involved. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in Chch visiting Mum so have not checked my blogger email - not even sure I know the password lol. Will check it properly on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just an invite to your gmail account, hopefully you get it.

      Delete