Tuesday, 30 December 2025

Boys for a few days

When we were due to leave Mangawhai the boys asked (pleaded) for us to take them.  They don't love being at the camp now and three weeks there over Christmas is too much for them.  The parents are off to a NY's eve party so we didn't get any objection from them!

Cole wanted to see his friend and ended up staying last night and so tomorrow we are all off to Whitianga to stay with Stu's niece.  We will have the motorhome but the boys will probably stay in a tent in the back yard.

Stu's niece has kids the same age so I'm sure there will be lots of fun for them.  Stu's brother and his wife will be there so we too will have a great time. It will only be for two nights as Stu and I have other plans.  

I have booked an appointment with my doctor in two week's time because the pain behind my knee is no better.  I'm pretty sure it's not my knee but rather a tendon or something behind it.  Painkillers take care of it most of the time but I realise that's not a long term solution.

Tonight we have all the boys here for dinner, F included.  He's on his own at the moment while the parents are up north and he jumps at the chance of having a home cooked meal.  He came for dinner last night as well.

My back is completely back to normal but I will still go to the specialist appointment booked in March.  At least I'll find out the result of the MRI and know what the problem is because I'm sure it will happen again.

Anyway that's the news for now.

~ Lynda

Stu taught Charlie how to mow the lawns today :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, your life is busy and fun....you might have a Bakers Cyst behind your knee....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor checked for that on my last visit but because my back was so bad, that took priority. She thought it was my hamstring but clearly there's something that's not getting better. Hopefully with some more testing I'll get an answer.

      Delete
  2. Hav a great time! Happy New Year, all the best in the year ahead. Good luck with your tests.

    ReplyDelete