Hello lovely people :) I keep this blog/diary for two main reasons... it is not only a diary of my life but also a way to connect with others and I really enjoy that I have so many lovely people who follow along and have been 'friends' for many years now.
I tend to only update here weekly but as you know, when we travel, I update the motorhome blog on a daily basis because I like to keep track of where we've been. We refer to it often.
On this trip up to Northland we have been away for nearly two weeks and will probably get home later in the week. The weather has been beautiful and I've finally got into my summer clothing. It all fits exactly like it did last year so that's always a plus. I don't tend to gain much weight now but don't lose any either... such is life. After a lifetime of 'dieting' one way or another and my weight going up and down constantly I'm quite content to just be me (as long as I'm healthy).
I do tend to do more walking when we travel and it's obvious when I look at my iPhone 'heart' app to see my increased activity while away. I like that :)
Anyway we are both well other than general 'getting older' aches and pains. The grandsons are well but we always worry a little bit. My daughter worries me more because she has fallen into a spiral of ADHD where she now downplays her abilities and negative thoughts seem to take hold. She doesn't go out much, only does 'click and collect' shopping and generally stays home with her headphones on either listening to books or the new latest band she loves. She does get out for a walk with the dog most days if it's fine but that's about it. There is nothing I can say or do that will help.
It really is hard to explain how this situation with her has developed over the years. She started being influenced very strongly on a biomedical forum and and lost so much confidence over the years. Yes, I understand the ADHD effect but she uses it as an excuse for everything. She is extremely capable but has now convinced herself that she is not. I know she has me 'diagnosed' but I don't give a shit. I'm probably a combination of both OCD and ADHD but so are many people out there who are living very normal lives. At 69 years of age, I will just carry on getting on with it.
Anyway, that's life for us right now. We are currently in Kerikeri and will make our way home over the next few days.
~ Lynda
| Maitai Bay. |
| Sunrise at Maitai Bay. |
| Evening walk at Maitai Bay. |
| I bought this 'towelie' at the motorhome show and it is brilliant for wearing at the beach or after a shower in camps etc. It's turkish cotton and made by a New Zealand company called STOKEDNZ. |
| First day of full summer clothing! |
| At the cafe in Houhora Heads. They pour large wines there! |
| Rainbow falls where we are currently staying. These falls are directly behind us so we can hear the rushing water. |
The waterfall OMG just wow! Love the towelie great idea I don't think I’ve ever come across one but will definitely be looking for one. I giggled about the OCD and ADHD - you are in good company, and yes at 69 I don’t give a toss lol
ReplyDeleteTowelies are most commonly made of toweling but they don't dry easily and are heavy. This cotton one is amazing and you see lots around now...definitely more common.
DeleteYou are doing great weight wise and looking lovely. Wonderful travel photos. How is it that Mom's can never seem stop worrying about their families? Take care.
ReplyDeleteThe towlie looks very summery. I have one too.
ReplyDeleteI too know someone who has changed because of online forums. He hardly goes out and only talks about what he has recently 'learned'. I'm a medical person and it drives me crazy as the advice is commonly from influencers or unqualified people. He also 'diagnoses" me. According to him I have a range of illnesses.
We will always worry about our children!! They may have grown up and left home but know we just worry from afar.
KarenAK