I had a lovely birthday yesterday. Thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday here and privately, I appreciate it. I didn't even have my usual birthday 'meltdown'... usually I hate the fuss and calls etc and have a mild panic attack. Yesterday I just went with it and had a lovely day.
I had calls or messages from the important people in my life which was lovely and later in the day we went to my daughter's place for dinner. They were all going to come here and it was my shout (as it's Charlie's birthday today so we combined it) but due to a few unforeseen factors, going to her place was easier.
We did Charlie's cake first with 11 candles—funny boy had a shower before dinner so was in his Pyjamas :) After my daughter took the cake away she brought it back with the most gorgeous gold candles and the prettiest 'Happy Birthday' on the top. I was blown away, seriously... it just looked so pretty. It really was a lovely evening and we also played a game called 'What do you Meme' where you are shown a picture and out of the cards in your hand you have to give the picture a caption or 'meme'. It's such a fun game and we'll play it again for sure.
Today is a lazy day. I've done about six loads of washing since being back plus lint shaved, ironed, folded etc etc. I don't usually iron anything these days but I find that getting any lint or pills off tops and then a quick iron makes them like new! You all know my nickname "Dame Wash-a-lot"... yep, that's me.
We will be home for about a week before heading up north for a few days.
~ Lynda
 |
| My daughter put a birthday sash on me and my present is a pack of ready to drink Aperol Spritz which we both love. |
 |
| My birthday people... lots of love here. |
 |
| Birthday photo... that's my 'granddog' Duke next to me. |
 |
| Charlie had the cake first. He is having friends around at the weekend for his birthday. |
 |
| And then I got a real surprise when the cake came out again for me! |
 |
| Yum, Tiramisu cake... my choice of flavour but everyone loved it. |
 |
| I'm pretty sure this is where Charlie was clapping 69 times. He always claps out the years but for 70 next year I think we can do it in lots of five! |
So glad you had a lovely birthday. Celebrations look wonderful. Welcome to the 69 club 🤦♀️. My membership to this club ends in January
ReplyDeleteAbove comment is from me, Lynda
DeleteHappy belated birthday - glad you had a great time with the family - Margaret
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday, glad the day went well :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday. The photos are lovely. Looked like fun! When you see the grand kids you realise how fast time is flying! Cheers Glenys
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful celebration.
ReplyDelete