Wednesday, 18 December 2024

Christmas is nearly here

I can't wait for this silly season to be over.  I'm no fan of all the shopping and crowds and traffic etc.  We had Stu's family party last weekend which went well and now we just have to get through Christmas itself without upsetting my daughter or falling out with her or whatever.  It's happened before but hopefully this year we'll have fun.

Cole got a cup at school for his great work so we are very proud of him.  I think it was for literacy in the special extra class he has but hey, an award is fantastic.  They only gave out about eight cups at the prizegiving so it was very special.  

We have done more jobs around the house and today Stu cut our massive hedge (it needs a cut four times a year) so that is such a good job to get out of the way.  Now we can't wait to get away in the motorhome for Christmas!

I bought a new swimsuit today—I tried on my old one and realised it was time to update! Hopefully there will be some swimming over the summer which is looking to be very hot.

I'll leave you with some photos of the weekend party :) I hope you will all have a magical Christmas, don't let my Grinch attitude spoil your fun.

~ Lynda

The boys enjoying an ice cream the night before the party... we were out for a walk on a gorgeous evening.

Stu teaching F how to drive the Tesla.  He was our sober driver that night.

The kids enjoyed a game of 'pass the parcel' and each got a little prize. There was also a lolly scramble so lots of fun for the kids.

Then they did cupcake decorating, always a favourite!

Charlie working on his cupcake.

The entire family and friends at the party.

The boys today after getting new Tee shirts, shoes and sunglasses.  


11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a weekend free of hassles. I do not like Christmas. My husband and I are going to Tasmania on Friday for a week, he made last Christmas bloody miserable as his 43 year old son had an affair and his wife kicked him out and life was all about him. His son is a narcissistic prick. So I said I’m not having Christmas this year. My daughter is very happy to be going to family friends, she’ll have a ball. I’ll be glad when it’s over but I love Hobart and I’ll also have a ball. Lovely for Cole to get an award. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Tasmania, it sounds like a great plan!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Cole on the award. I too am not a fan of Christmas, there are too expectations on me to pull a rabbit out of hat and make everyone happy is beyond stressful. Glad to hear your celebrations are off to a good start. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh at your comment - you always manage to put on a brilliant meal but I'm sure it is stressful.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you and Stu a lovely Christmas. Too much stress around Christmas to add walking on eggshells around your daughter! All the best and good luck 🤞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think this year might be different and we'll have a good time. She was in great spirits today so hopefully we'll have a great time.

      Delete
  4. You might have said and I missed it. Did the get Stu’s dad’s health under control?

    Does the one who caused all the problems come to the family holiday party?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he is having a CT scan soon. He's feeling OK and is currently 'Santa' every evening until 24th. There is something wrong though so they are still checking. His eyes are extremely sunken in and he is much weaker. Regarding 'her' who caused the trouble... no, she will never darken his door ever again. Her daughter comes though.

      Delete
  5. Have a lovely Christmas & enjoy the time with family. If things get stressful with your daughter just put a bit of distance between you until she gets over herself. Have been manic here so have not had a chance to catch up so definitely a priority in the new year when you are back in Auckland 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are around for most of January but I don't love driving over your way these days... could we meet over my say somewhere?

      Delete
    2. Of course. I am happy to go anywhere 😁

      Delete