We are three days into having the boys (and the dog) and it's all going really well. We got the dog yesterday as F was worried that he wasn't eating and was depressed. All he did was watch for his my daughter's car to come down the drive. Anyway now that he's here I am apparently his new Mum and he follows me around like a shadow.
We had F here last night for dinner and he's is staying
tonight. He is fine at his place but I don't think he counted on that feeling of being alone in a house. He is always welcome here so I'm glad he knows that.
Yesterday we had a house full because Stu's sister was staying and a bunch of her friends came around for afternoon nibbles before heading off to the Warriors (rugby league) game. They all came back after and she stayed another night. Today Stu's brother and wife came for brunch here so it was another full house. It has been a really lovely weekend.
Tomorrow they boys are back to school for 5 days so that gives me some breathing space during the day which will be well earned. This old Nana is coping well but I will enjoy my days with no kids!
My daughter video called from Athens and they are having a great time. They are now about to board their cruise ship—the Virgin Resilient Lady. I'm so happy for them and she seems to be really enjoying everything.
I'm feeling much better today and that pain in my side had gone which I'm pretty pleased about.
I'll leave you with some photos - all the boys and men are in the lounge watching Harry Potter again:)
~ Lynda
| Cole baked two batches of cookies from scratch and made an amazing job of them! |
| Out for a walk today at Cornwall Park with Duke the dog. It was lovely to get out of the house after having visitors all weekend. |
| Look at Stu... he didn't want to have the dog but he loved walking him :) I think he likes him really. |
| Mum and Dad in Athens :) |
| The cruise ship my daughter is boarding today... I'm a little bit envious. It might be time to book another cruise overseas as well. |
Sounds like a super busy weekend. Glad to hear all is going smoothly with the boys and Sir Duke.
ReplyDeleteIt's all going really well... only two more weeks to go :)
Delete