Wednesday, 3 January 2024

It's all good

We are still in Whitianga but now on our own and unwinding after a week of busy family time.  

Yes, FIL drove me mad but I am a very forgiving and caring daughter-in-law (blowing my own trumpet!!) I know that he really does like me and his rude banter is just that, banter.  He thinks he is being funny but he's not.  

I left the room on many occasions when the conversation got too much for me but overall our aim for being there this week was to look after him, get him the medical care he needed and support him.  For that he was very grateful, he actually thanked me more than once for my help which I appreciated.

Anyway, we got him back to the doctor who diagnosed a few issues with his bowel and prescribed him a ton of stuff to help that.  He is feeling a little better but I think that's due to all the company and support he is getting.  He needs another colonoscopy so he will have to wait for the hospital to schedule that.  He has previously had bowel cancer so I'm thinking there might be another problem relating to that but who knows.

Today I (Mrs Fixit is my name) repaired his broken toilet roll holder, fixed two soap dishes on his showers and cleaned.  OMG... he had a cleaner for awhile but it's been about two months since she has been in.  He told her she wasn't needed very often!!  So while fixing things I had to go into his toilet and let me tell you, you DON'T WANT TO KNOW.  I spent the next half an hour or so cleaning in there.  I wasn't going to tell him because I didn't want to embarrass him but Stu did.  He was very, very thankful but also a little embarrassed that it was so bad.  I was just glad to help.

We also went to Coroglen for the night to visit Stu's sister which was lovely.  All the other nights were spent playing cards with family either at the niece's house or his father's place.  It was so much fun with loads of eye watering laughter.  I really am so lucky to be part of such an easy going family.

So now we are still in Whitianga but on our own.  We can relax and enjoy another day here and then move on tomorrow.  

Coroglen for the night

Whitianga for a walk along the beach

Card night with family. That's me dealing up the top and that's Stu's brother on the right.

Parked up at Whitianga.  The camp is next to the airport and that's two Harvard planes flying over.  Stu is in his element !!

Four Harvards lined up - there is a dark one to the left that doesn't show up very well.

5 comments:

  1. All looks like fun, great photos and you are a good girl! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. A better woman than me Lynda, by many miles. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was I to do? He's old. He'll be grumpy another day and I'll get annoyed yet again but at least no one can say I didn't try!

      Delete
  3. Nice of you to clean up for your FIL. It is trying dealing with such characters. Well done.

    ReplyDelete