We were going to travel home a few days ago but then I was chatting to my brother (who is nearly 85) and he has been unwell so we just decided to travel down to Lower Hutt to see him and also my sister and my son.
We stayed at my brothers for a night and he definitely perked up a lot from our visit and it was the right thing so see him. We then visited my sister and today we will have dinner with my son and his partner. We've not seen her for a very long time because she has only just moved back here from Sydney. My son and her had an enforced long distance relationship for a while due to their jobs so it's lovely that she is now back with him!
We are not sure of our plans after today but we will certainly be headed back home. What was originally meant to be a week long break has turned into at least two weeks and far more miles than we thought we'd travel.
I have been working on the kids' photo albums that I give them for Christmas... nearly two completed and it's such a slog this time around. They love getting them so much though that I know I need to do it. I always make them the same size so that they stack nicely. The format is usually the same but I don't get any complaints :)
I'll leave you with some photos... to be honest I hardly recognise myself these days. I really look my age these days. Yesterday we went to the shopping mall that I used to frequent all the time when I lived down here and I used to see people who I went to school with etc but now I don't think I'd recognise anyone. I looked at others my age and realised that all those I would have known would also look totally different! We are no longer the slim pretty young girls or handsome young men.
~ Lynda
| The Southward Car Museum. My father was friends with Len Southward who started this museum and Dad painted (in the 1960s) many of the vehicles still on display. |
| How could I resist? |
| One of the cars my father painted. It is entirely hand painted and won an international award for best vintage car and best paintwork! |
| My brother and me. |
| And my sister. She is amazingly talented... a fantastic artist and her garden was like something out of a garden magazine. I can only hope that I am as fit and well as her when I am 82. |
Lynda you are way too harsh on yourself. You always look fabulous to me, unlike myself who still hasn’t got out of the Covid era of exercise wear and no makeup. Your sister looks fantastic, nothing like 82, her busy happy life shines through. Marie, Melbourne
ReplyDeleteHaha, regarding clothing. I rarely get out of black tops these days! I sometimes make an effort for a photo. I'll try to find so more colourful tops for the summer :) My sister is amazing for 82, she does leisure marching (google it, it's for women who marched as girls who kept it up as adults). It is very demanding and certainly keeps her fit. I am in awe of her abilities.
DeleteWonderful photos (human and cars lol). Hope you enjoy your dinner with your son. How did he go with his eye problem? I remember you were very worried for him and the diagnosis
ReplyDeleteMy son is fine (thank goodness). I did post about it at the time I think but it turns out he had an injury as a boy and the scar tissue has affected how the eye sits. It was an enormous relief for us all!
DeleteYes I remember that but wasn’t sure if it was a diagnosed outcome from the MRI. I remember you saying you could see it in photos over the years and felt relief that it hadn’t just appeared. Anyway, so glad it’s all good 😊
DeleteYes MRI was clear, such a relief.
DeleteHow lovely you were able to catch up with your siblings. You are all looking wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThank you, hey... we're all still alive and I know that the clock is ticking so good to see them any time I get the opportunity.
DeleteYes, lovely pictures and stories about your father as well...you brother looks younger than his age by a lot and your sister looks so good as well...you are a good looking family....Peta
ReplyDeleteThanks Peta, I'm not sure about good looking but my family are incredibly talented (except me). My parents were both artists and my father was a craftsman with many talents. All of my older siblings are very talented and I can only assume that by the time I was in the womb, the artistic talent well was dry!
Delete