Thursday, 26 October 2023

Day Nine... what to do?

Today is day nine (zero being last Tuesday when symptoms started) and I am still testing positive.  I am feeling well and don't have any symptoms that I'm aware of.

My problem is this.  Tomorrow is day 10 and according to everything I read, I will not be infectious.  Our local health guidelines tell me I'm totally fine to mix and mingle but tomorrow, assuming I am STILL testing positive, I am meant to meet up with a niece and then travel to our motorhome meet up where I will be mixing and mingling with lots of others.  

From what I can gather, it seems most people in New Zealand are not even testing themselves and even our Prime Minister who had covid the other week came out of his isolation after about five days.  No wonder it's spreading everywhere!

So do I go or do I not?  I have no symptoms and am only hesitating because my rat test is still positive.  

Update:  I called our Covid Healthline and was told that I am not even required to test again after my initial test.  I am free to mix and mingle, especially as it will be day 10.  Phew... obviously I'm just too cautious. 

~ Lynda

8 comments:

  1. 😂😂 I was composing my reply in my head before I read UPDATE. I was going to say if I was you I would stop testing. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, if I do it will only be out of curiosity now.

      Delete
  2. I did that too, and my doctor son told me that you can sometimes test positive for a week or two. Once you're asymptomatic, you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've no symptoms for days so going by that I won't be passing anything on. I'm still amazed at how mild my covid actually way (especially compared to my daughter!)

      Delete
  3. You are so good to care about others....you could wear a mask, when in close contact with family members?...enjoy your holiday....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'm OK now Peta, day 10 and I'll be fine. I think I've been over cautious. Most of the activities this weekend will be either in a large hall or outdoors so I'm sure it will be all good.

      Delete
  4. My son tested positive for weeks with no symptoms. His Dr said to just go out as normal. Its hard to know really. I would be like you. So long as you feel well go and enjoy your holiday. I doubt you are infectious. Hope your daughter is recovering. KarenAK

    ReplyDelete