Tuesday, 19 September 2023

Going home

Today we leave on our mammoth, long flight home.  I'll be shattered by the time we get back but that's life when you want to travel and live in New Zealand!

I dread weighing myself when I get back. I've not been eating cakes and pies or puddings (well hardly) but have been drinking wine and not eating as well as I would normally at home.  Yes, I've been walking to help burn off some calories but seriously I know I'm looking tubby.

The truth is I started the holiday feeling that way so goodness knows what I'll do when I get home other than eat lots of vegetables and salad... foods I have been craving but harder to find when eating out.

We are ready to get back, one month away is about my limit for travelling.  Some it this trip is a blur so it will be good to have my travel blog to look back on.  Stu will mention something in York (for exapmple) and it takes awhile for my brain to remember where and when etc.  There's been so many stops and stays along the way!

Today will be a long day—we don't fly out until the evening and we have a lot of time to kill before then.

~ Lynda


1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your trip and the pictures, so lovely....Peta

    ReplyDelete