Tuesday, 23 May 2023

A new plan

We had a lovely five night mini-holiday up north.  The weather was turning to rubbish so we came back on Saturday. Stu has a project to do for his old company (brings in the dollars!!) and I'm in full planning mode for our big UK holiday.  

One problem is my fat tummy and I have some lovely clothes that I want to take with me so I'm aiming on losing a three or four kilos.  My plan is no snacking, not much wine, healthier meal choices and more exercise.  Hopefully I can do this, heck a few kilos is surely not too much to ask for? 

The exercise will be walking when it's fine (with Stu) and the rest of the time I've started doing daily workouts with Lucy Wyndham-Read on Youtube.  I got on to her awhile back when I saw a lady doing exercises outside her motorhome.  She told me how good Lucy is because you don't need much space (basically all on one spot if you choose), you don't need to get down on the floor and it's free!

I'm going to try to make it a daily thing... abs and arms one day and walking workout other days.  I can do two workouts back to back as I get fitter.  Best of all I can so this low impact so no pressure on my knees.

Fingers crossed I can keep this up for a couple of months because I know I'll feel so much better travelling with less weight on me.  

Tomorrow we are taking the motorhome for a habitation check and also getting some things fixed—can you believe it's been a year since we got it?  Wow.  

We are getting the boys from school today so that will be lovely.

A few more photos of our time away :)

 ~ Lynda

The Parry Kauri Park in Warkworth. We had only planned on one night but it was so lovely there we stayed for two. That's a local history museum in the back so we looked through that as well.  A few more vehicles joined us and it's very quiet and secure at night.  A lovely spot... free and surrounded by native bush.

A helicopter was doing work while we stayed taking timber into the park for new walkways.

The 800 year old Kauri tree right across from our park.

Walking around beautiful native trees listening to birdsong

A bush lookout at the park

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh am going to check out this youtuber. I have just finished setting up a little exercise area at home. Got out the weights etc all this morning. I figure even if I only do 20 minutes a day, it is better than what I am doing now which is zilch lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't use weights or any equipment (which suits me!!). I think the trick is doing it often so I must get into the habit each day.

      Delete
  2. Also going to check out that exercise routine, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of routines, lots of variety so hopefully I won't get too bored.

      Delete
  3. That is the first time I have ever been able to comment on your blog! Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I wonder why you couldn't comment? Anyway welcome and thanks for saying hi :)

      Delete
    2. I've always allowed anonymous comments (no google account needed for that). Oh well, good you can now.

      Delete
  4. Hi enjoying your adventures and pictures....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's nice to have others 'along' with our journeys.

      Delete
  5. That last picture is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me in the bush? I'm sure we'll go back there, it was beautiful.

      Delete