EDIT: Charlie wasn't feeling so well today so I did another test on him and...
Yep, positive so he is now at his home and we'll keep Cole until tomorrow. We've all been exposed so it's just a waiting game now.
Yes, we are surrounded by covid but we don't have it. My daughter has it now as well. We had to get the boys from school on Wednesday and while they were here my daughter told me that she had just tested positive. We figured we'd keep the boys with us instead of taking them home to a covid house and they are still here... and we are testing negative. We haven't sent them back to school though this week just in case.
I don't know where my daughter got it from but if it was from the boys they are fine! They have to self isolate so it makes sense to keep the boys here for a little longer. Once they go home they too will have to self isolate. To be honest I have no idea how we haven't got it yet because it is literally everywhere. I also have to wonder if the boys actually had it a couple of weeks ago when they were both not well but their tests were negative?? Stu and I were slightly unwell as well but had no access to tests then. Who knows?
Today I have to go shopping for a couple of birthday gifts for a kids party next week and we also have a little mini break planned for midweek as well. I just did another RAT test and it was negative... I've been testing a lot this week, just in case.
We are loving the new car and with petrol prices literally skyrocketing at the moment, we are truly grateful to have it. A full charge costs us about $8 in electricity whereas a full tank of petrol would be about $150. Crazy. There are no road user charges for electric vehicles at the moment as the government is trying to entice more people to buy electric. That makes it even cheaper.
So that's where we are at :)
~ Lynda
| The boys enjoying time at the park with Poppa |
| Cole LOVING the new car |
| My boys in the Tesla... they love it :) |
Covid is everywhere, now. I don't think anyone can pinpoint where they picked it up as so many are asymptomatic or just showing mild symptoms. The boys certainly look happy.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, there is no way of knowing where she got it.
DeleteWow, Lynda, those are handsome boys!
ReplyDelete-Kate
They sure are but then I would say that :)
DeleteYes we are all bound to have a bout of covid eventually. As for you still testing negative our friends' whole family of four tested positive he is still negative. This is not the first such case as to why the rest catch it and then someone in the group does not. Mystery for sure. Now that Cole has tested positive time will tell how it all plays out. Take care!
ReplyDeleteCole is still OK, it's Charlie who has it (so far). I'll do another test today on myself.
DeleteSo they must have had a touch of some other bug a few weeks ago. At least you know the tests are running accurate for you.
ReplyDeleteIt will be very interesting to see if you get it. Because now you know you have been directly exposed.
As you know, one in my house was positive/with symptoms in a December and THREE of us never got it. I still do not understand that, crazy odds.
I assume you are stocked up on supplies just in case.
We are well stocked up but no one we know of has had any major symptoms, just like an ordinary cold. If we don't get it then it will amaze me because we've been close to Charlie the entire time.
DeleteWe had been in the house and in the car the night before for hours. I am not assuming I am immune, I am still careful.
DeleteI would never assume I am immune but still don't have any symptoms. It all seems pretty random who gets sick and who doesn't.
Delete