We have a date for our 'traffic light' system going forward for covid restriction. From 3 December everything will open with use of the vaccine passport. Auckland will be Red which means there will still be limited numbers on certain venues and social distancing but other than that we will be able to eat out or go to a bar etc. Those who are unvaccinated will still be able to shop but that's about it. Most things will be restricted. Auckland has an extremely high vaccination rate so it will be life back to normal, almost.
We got some of the goods from our beach house bought here last week and have the rest being delivered at the end of the week. A lovely guy who travels there and back frequently put the offer out on a local Facebook page so I took him up on it. We will pay him for his trouble but it's just great to get all of our stuff back here.
I spent the weekend sorting kitchen goods (the ones we didn't want to leave in the beach house), clothes and makeup etc. I packed up a heap for the charity shops and some gets put away for the motorhome. I hate clutter with a passion so sorting this was important rather than just storing stuff we don't want.
Today was the funeral for Stu's Auntie who died suddenly last week -- 8 weeks to the day since her husband's funeral. It was in the same church with the same pall bearers and people present. We watched it online. So dreadfully sad because his Auntie was great company for Stu's father and they'd been going to the movies, church and the shops together. She would come for dinner every Sunday night too.
Stu and I have been going for big walks lately and my knees have been really good, no problem at all as long as I don't do too many stairs.
We will have the boys again at the end of the week because they only have school for two days a week and my daughter is working Thursday and Friday. Stu is back off to Hamilton again tomorrow to continue the work he did last week. Not long now until the border is open to everyone on 15th December.
One more thing that is most important, I have a hair appointment on 8 December! Two weeks away, I will cope but OMG I am looking forward to a decent cut. I'm not sure I will stay with the hairdresser who I'm booked with but I'll see how she goes this time.
~ Lynda
My mom just found a beautician to replace our old one of 20 years. It took two tries. The one she liked had advertised that she was vaccinated and careful. It is a good fit and she cuts well. The girls and I love the one we found, so we are very pleased to have made the change.
ReplyDeleteSo fabulous to have your stuff delivered! I had visions it would be piled in a garage and you would not be able to get to it for months.
The stuff yet to come is piled in a garage and I shudder to think how I'll deal with it all! I'm thinking a lot will be donated though. In NZ now beauticians and hairdressers etc can't operate without being vaccinated and all customers must be vaccinated. Obviously it's causing all the 'freedom fighters' to protest.
Delete