Monday, 18 January 2021

Sunshine

We have had some lovely weather here at the beach house.  It's hard work with the boys but it's lovely to create memories for them and it's also wonderful to be busy and have their company. 

My daughter arrives tomorrow for a two day stay and Stu will go on Wednesday - he has a funeral to attend and will then go home as he has lots of work at the moment.  He will come back at the weekend to help his Dad with sorting his new house etc. and we'll go home together.

The boys have been out boogie boarding three days in a row now and just LOVE it!  I'm sure they'll be out again tomorrow and the next day before they go home.  One thing that I love about the beach here is the safety aspect.  We have no rips here and the sand gradient is very gradual so no sudden drop offs.  We always have an adult supervising them too -- I am really, really careful with kids in the ocean and try to drum it into them that just because our beach is relatively safe, other beaches are not the same.

The oldest boy is now a typical teenager and spends way too much time on his phone.  We do try to limit it but as it's the school holidays and we are not his parents he does get a little spoiled. He does get out and kick a ball around and get to the beach so it's not all bad. 

I'm feeling really well at the moment and my knee is better every day.  I'm walking pretty well now too so it's such a relief to have no complaints :)

~ Lynda


Three on a hammock is a recipe for disaster!



Saturday:  It was a stunning day!



My view of the beach, the boys were out boogie boarding in the distance (Stu was supervising)



Stu's remote control beer deliver system c/- the boys RC car.



Busy at play today making magic potions that will teleport them from one place to another... such wonderful imaginations.



Off to boogie board again




It's just so lovely to be at the beach in the sunshine!



My view today -- and that's my knee with the horrible scar.  



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend at the beach. Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that scar, is it sensitive to the touch or clothes rubbing?

    Love the boys in their sun protective long shirts. I wear those all summer walking, gardening, (other years in the pool). Great hats too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa: thanks... yes we are enjoying the sunshine!

    Vickie: Yep, quite a scar but it will fade over time. I don't scar well, sadly. It doesn't bother me now but was a problem a few weeks ago with clothes rubbing. Luckily I'm living in shorts at the moment so not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so happy.I am also happy today because we have a new President, yay! The beach looks gorgeous. We are under about 6" of snow so I'm quite envious of you. Jo in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool holiday spot for the boys. Siobhan & I were at the beach the other day & she was lamenting the fact that we don't have boogie boards any more, the kids loved them when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo: I am so very happy for your country today! I watched the inauguration and admit it bought a tear to my eye and I'm not even American.

    Tracy: It is a cool spot but they will soon be holidaying up north so won't come here as often. I loved to boogie board but that was before my knee replacement... not a great idea now :)

    ReplyDelete