Thursday, 30 July 2020

Results and a date

I got my blood test results and they were all an improvement from my time in hospital.  My CRP has gone from 358 back to 5 (was 2.2 before I got sick).  My lipase (indicator of pancreatitis) has gone from over 500 to 160 (normal is around 30) and my platelets and GGT are still raised.  All have dropped though so I'm on the road to recovery.  I still have a little pain but I can't let that worry me too much or else I'll just cry.  This really can be a bad disease and I just have to hope that it's a one off acute episode for me.

Other good news, I got my appointment for my follow up MRI for 24th August.  I'm so pleased that's come through because then I'll know much more about my condition - apparently I get a virtual follow up once the results are through.

Stu is busy working on a project for his old company at the moment - yes, he sold it over a year ago but I know he loves still working for it.  The advantage is that he works when and as much as he wants with no worry of the ownership and all that entails.  We had planned to have a little getaway break soon but with him working and me not 100% we've decided to leave it for awhile.  

It is my 64th birthday next week though so you can be sure I'll going to get taken out for a lovely, special meal!!  I can't eat loads of food but it will be nice to get dressed up and have a nice meal out.  Of course I have the added bonus of not drinking now so we don't have to worry about driving :)

Funny thing... I don't miss drinking at all.  Not. At. All.  How weird?  I also read that of people who do drink alcohol, it's only a small number who get pancreatitis and then is it usually associated with some other problem.  I have yet to have the reason for my condition to be diagnosed which is another reason for the MRI - they can see more when the inflammation is gone.  

Poor wee Cole has lost his best friend at school.  He has no idea what happened but the little boy has started ignoring him and running away from him etc.  Cole has been so upset and sad.  Charlie has been most concerned for him and today, to cheer him up, he said he'd ask for something that Cole would love for his birthday (next week) and let Cole play with it.  What a lovely boy Charlie is.  I just enquired how Cole got on at school today and apparently the little boy was a little nicer and Cole asked another kid to play so it might be resolved :). Kids huh?

~ Lynda


3 comments:

  1. Hi

    All sounds good, everything going in the right direction with you, Poor Cole, sweet Charlie, its terrible when your little ones have friend issues.

    Take care

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are improving. That is wonderful news. So sad how some kids can be cruel. Well done Charlis. Hope it is sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend. It will be good to find the cause for the pancreatitis.
    Take care. KarenAK

    ReplyDelete